Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Why to use a Florist vs. Doing it Yourself



If you ask yourself what your motivation is to do your own wedding flowers over having someone else making them for you, ask yourself the following questions:

Do I know how many flowers to order?

Do I have time to order flowers, pick them up, keep them fresh, creatively organize and present them?

Do I have the experience to handle the flowers and make them look nice?

Do I have a place to store the flowers and the tools and sprays needed to keep a bouquet looking its best?

Do I want the stress of doing my own flowers vs. someone else taking care of them? How nervous will I be? Will I have patience to handle flowers?

Do I have the expertise to know what flowers need time to open and which flowers need to be kept in a cooler so they stay fresh the longest?

Do I want to spend time the day before and the day of the wedding creating bouquets or do I want to spend it getting ready for my special day, being with friends and family, getting my nails done, fixing my hair, putting on make up, relaxing, etc.

If the answer is that you can save money and you have a reasonable budget to use ask yourself why, why would I want to make them myself or with friends and family?

Chances are that if you do it yourself it will look like it. It is a skill to order the correct number of flowers and arrange them creatively; most brides don’t have the experience with the tools and know the secrets to keeping bouquets fresh. You will most likely be stressed and lack the patience to really succeed in making the beautiful arrangements that you truly desire.

Keep in mind that if you have friends and family help you make your bouquets you may not like what they create them and end up hurting their feelings or having to use what they think looks nice and be frustrated with the results.

Try not to over think your flowers or anything else for that day.  Too much pressure can really rob you of the enjoyment of getting married.

Congratulations and I hope this helps.

DIY or Florist

Diane Gramze with BellaDolceandFlora.com


No comments:

Post a Comment